Find Free Summer Meals: All Children 18 and under. No ID or Registration Required!
Available June through August
Here are four ways to find a nearby free summer meals site in North Carolina for children:
- Text “FoodNC” to 877-877
- Call toll-free 1.866.3Hungry (1.866.348.6479) or 1.877.8Hambre(1.877.842.6273)
- Visit the USDA’s Summer Meal Site Finder at fns.usda.gov/SummerFoodRocks
Note: Most site information is only available June through August. If you don’t see a site near you yet, keep checking back, because information will be updated throughout the beginning of the summer.
FREE: Meals are free to children and teens ages 18 and younger who come to a summer meals site.
- SAVE MONEY: Free summer meals will help families save money and stretch their already tight food budgets.
- NUTRITIOUS: Food served at summer meal sites follows USDA nutrition guidelines and are paid for by the USDA.
- SAFE: Summer meal sites are safe places for kids and teens to go, such as schools, churches, and community centers.
- FUN: Many sites offer educational and recreational activities that kids of all ages can participate in so they can eat, hang out with friends and take part in activities offered.
- NO ID, NO REGISTRATION: Parents don’t need to apply to the program to get a free summer meal for their kids. Children simply need to come to a summer meals site in their community, and enjoy a healthy meal without the hassle of having to fill out an application or enroll in a program. No ID or registration needed.
Meet the Teachers for 4th and 5th Graders:
Fourth Grade – Aug. 2, 9:00-10:00 AM
Fifth Grade – Aug. 2, 10:00-11:00 AM
Homeroom assignments will be emailed to you by 5:00 on August 1.
Schedule Pick-up for 6th, 7th, and 8th Graders:
6th , 7th, and 8th graders may pick-up their schedules on Friday, August 2 from 9:00-11:00 AM. Schedule pick-up will be in the gym for all 3 grade levels. Students may also view their schedules on Power School by 5:00 on August 1.
We recognize August 2 is a Friday and know some of you will use the weekend as a final vacation prior to school opening. If you cannot come on Aug. 2, your 5th-8th graders may pick-up schedules on Monday, Aug. 5 from 12:00-1:00. This is not a time to visit teachers as they will be in meetings.
4th graders do not receive a schedule. You will get an email regarding 4th grade homeroom teacher.
4th Grade Parents – Aug. 15, 6:00
5th Grade Parents – Aug. 13, 6:00
6th Grade Parents – Aug. 14, 6:00
7th Grade Parents – Aug. 21, 6:00
8th Grade Parents – Aug. 20, 6:00
School supply lists for each grade level have been posted on the Voyager website. Go to Voyager’s website, click on Parent Resources, then click on Documents and Forms and finally, scroll until you find the grade level you need.
Devan Desai, VAHS Class of 2019, has graduated from the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics distance education program with a concentration in Human Health and Life Science. Devan was one of three students awarded the Golden Catalyst Award, NCSSM’s highest award for Online Students.
“In 2016, NCSSM added an honorary award, the Golden Catalyst Award, that recognizes an NCSSM Online Program senior for acting as a catalyst with NCSSM and their community, based on personal academic growth and performance, significant contributions to the NCSSM community, and/or outstanding use of NCSSM’s programs to lead in the local/state community.”
A full recording of the ceremony is available here. The golden catalyst is awarded at the 1:17:00 mark.
Former Voyager baseball player and 2014 graduate, Chad Sykes, was drafted in the 10th round of the Major League Draft by the California Angels. Congratulations Chad!
Dear Voyager family,
As you may know, one of our 6th grade students recently lost his mother to cancer. To help the family, we are holding a raffle and online auction for Disney Park Hopper Passes. We were given 10 passes for the Voyager Auction, however they arrived too late to be auctioned the night of the event.
We are hosting a raffle for $25 per ticket towards 5 One Day Park Hopper Passes and another online auction giving the highest bidder 5 OTHER One Day Park Passes.
In order to participate in either benefit or to simply donate to the family you must create an account on our VA Benefit site found HERE.
If you have questions, please contact Marina McKenna at email@example.com.
Voyager Academy is seeking new family and community based board members. If you or someone you know is interested in serving on our Board of Directors, please complete the application here. We look forward to meeting new members to support our wonderful program!
Jennifer Lucas, M.Ed
Managing Director Voyager Academy
A fully accredited K-12 Charter School
Co-Chair, North Carolina Association for Public Charter Schools