Find Free Summer Meals: All Children 18 and under. No ID or Registration Required!
Available June through August
Here are four ways to find a nearby free summer meals site in North Carolina for children:
- Text “FoodNC” to 877-877
- Call toll-free 1.866.3Hungry (1.866.348.6479) or 1.877.8Hambre(1.877.842.6273)
- Visit the USDA’s Summer Meal Site Finder at fns.usda.gov/SummerFoodRocks
Note: Most site information is only available June through August. If you don’t see a site near you yet, keep checking back, because information will be updated throughout the beginning of the summer.
FREE: Meals are free to children and teens ages 18 and younger who come to a summer meals site.
- SAVE MONEY: Free summer meals will help families save money and stretch their already tight food budgets.
- NUTRITIOUS: Food served at summer meal sites follows USDA nutrition guidelines and are paid for by the USDA.
- SAFE: Summer meal sites are safe places for kids and teens to go, such as schools, churches, and community centers.
- FUN: Many sites offer educational and recreational activities that kids of all ages can participate in so they can eat, hang out with friends and take part in activities offered.
- NO ID, NO REGISTRATION: Parents don’t need to apply to the program to get a free summer meal for their kids. Children simply need to come to a summer meals site in their community, and enjoy a healthy meal without the hassle of having to fill out an application or enroll in a program. No ID or registration needed.