Voyager Academy Admissions: 2014-2015 School Year
Please read the below information regarding the application process. Links to applications can be found at the bottom of this page.
Voyager Academy seeks to provide students, with a rigorous, experiential, and challenging curriculum.
Voyager Academy admits students without regard to race, sex, disability,color, religion, national, or ethnic origin.
Voyager Academy is a Tuition Free Public Charter School!
The admissions lottery for the 2014-2015 school year will be held March 15, 2014 at 12:00PM in the High School Gym.
Due to the large number of applications Voyager Academy receives each year, we use a computer program to randomly assign a number to each applicant at the lottery. The number assigned by the program will determine a students’ acceptance or waitlist position.
ADMISSIONS TIMELINE FOR 2013-2014
January 1, 2014
Application period begins. Applications online and available at each school
February 28, 2014
March 15, 2014 (High School Gym)
Lottery held, open to the public
March 17, 2014
Acceptance letters mailed
March 28, 2014
Acceptance confirmation deadline
Tours be held at 10 am on the following dates at the elementary school:
January 8th - Kindergarten Tour
January 22nd - First, Second and Third Grade Tour
February 5th - Kindergarten Tour
February 19th - Kindergarten Tour
February 26th - First, Second and Third Grade Tour
Tours be held at 9 am on the following dates at the middle school:
(High school tour dates to be announced.)
Current Voyager Academy students do not need to re-apply for admission, but they are required to submit a commitment letter for the upcoming school year. This commitment letter is due January 31, 2014 in order to determine any additional openings for the lottery. This form will be available online and sent home to every Voyager Academy family.
All applicants may apply online or parents may visit any of the Voyager Academy Charter Schools to complete a paper application.
All students must apply for the grade they will enter for the 2014-2015 school year. Students may only submit one application for admission.
Students must apply by midnight February 28, 2014 to be considered for the lottery. If a student applies after this date, the student will be eligible for any spots remaining after the lottery or they will be placed on the waiting list.
- If there are fewer applicants than slots available, all applicants will be admitted. Accepted families who enroll in Voyager Academy, parents and students, must read and agree to follow the Voyager Academy policies and procedures.
- Students attending Voyager Academy may live in any county in North Carolina and must reside in North Carolina at the time of application.
- Voyager Academy does not provide transportation to and from school.
- Siblings of current Voyager Academy students and children of current Voyager Academy full time staff members are admitted before the lottery to any open spots for the grade in which that student is applying. If there are more siblings applying than spots available there will be a lottery held among siblings of Voyager students.
- Students who are twins, triplets, etc. must each complete an application. However, only one application will be entered in the lottery for those students. If that application is accepted, the sibling's twin or triplet, etc. will also be admitted.
- Voyager Academy will send a confirmation to each student chosen through the lottery. This confirmation letter must be completed, signed and returned to the school by March 28, 2014. This will be used to confirm your commitment to Voyager and release your student’s records from their current school. Failure to return your confirmation by the deadline will nullify your student's acceptance.
- Students not admitted through the lottery will be placed on a waitlist. Students will be kept on the waitlist until the end of the following school year. If a spot becomes available we will contact students in order of their waitlist number.
- If a student does not get a space through the lottery/waiting list process, that student must re-apply to be considered the following year. However, current students do not have to re-apply year-to-year.
Please contact our office at 919-433-3301 if you have questions.
Please use the below links to access the online applications. The application period begins January 1, 2014 and ends February 28, 2014.
The Spanish Application must be printed then filled out and sent in to Voyager Academy. It must be received by February 28th. Drop off or mail completed application to 101 Hock Parc Durham, NC 27704 or fax completed application to 919-433-3305.
El formulario de solicitud debe imprimirse y luego llenarse y enviarse a Voyager Academy. Debe recibirse antes del 28 de febrero. La solicitud completada puede entregarla o enviarla por correo a la dirección 101 Hock Parc, o si lo prefiere, puede enviarla por fax al 919-433-3305.